The navigation bar is a section of your Run portal that allows your end-user to easily navigate between pages and access their account information. The bar is located on the top of your run portal for convenient visibility, and can be customized to match your brand identity by incorporating your own logo, selecting the desired color scheme for the bar, text, and icons, and even adding extra items to the user menu.
Your logo & colors
You can add your own logo by accessing the Run module and inserting the URL of your image in the Main Configuration section. The color scheme for the bar, text, and icons can be configured in the Theme section of your Run. Read more about Run Themes.
The user menu is available to signed-in users and work as a central hub for accessing their account settings, preferences, and signing out from the Run portal. Although, you can configure it to have additional items, ranging from simple text (such as a version number for your application) to incorporating external links or links to specific dashboards within your application.
To add new items to your user menu, navigate to your Run module and select the Navigation Bar tab.
You can customize the following options when adding a new item to your bar:
- Label: the name of the option that will be displayed for your end-users.
- Icon: choose the icon along with its color, which will be displayed next to the option.
- Type: determines the type of field the user will interact with.
- Alignment: choose the text alignment direction for the item.
- Visibility options (eye icon): allows you to restrict certain items to specific users using the Tag System associated with the Access Management feature.
Once you have configured your user menu and deployed your updated RUN, your users can see the menu items that they have permission to view when signed in.