You can define the text that will be displayed under the icon.
2. Icon & Color
Select an Icon from our list or add yours using an URL to your SVG file. You can also change the color that better fits your project style.
3. Action of the button
When you create a new button, by default it will be disabled and won't be displayed in your Run portal. However, you can change what will happen when your end-user clicks on it. The actions available are the following:
- Disabled: remove the button from your Run application.
- Open dashboard: this will open the dashboard you select from a list of your current ones. The Run user must have access to this dashboard in order to visualize it; otherwise, nothing will happen. Read more about Access Management.
- Show iFrame: it opens an external link inside the Run application, keep in mind the page must be embeddable.
- Show HTML file content: it opens a custom HTML file that can be displayed inside the portal (e.g hosted in Files).
- Open external link.
- Open Setup Wi-Fi Device: initiate the process of connecting an Wi-Fi device
4. Position & Order
You can customize how many buttons should be placed per line and the order they should be displayed. Under the option Position you can click on the slider Add it in a new line to place the button in a new line or switch off to place the buttons in the same line, you can have up to three buttons side by side.
5. Visibility Conditions
By default, every button you create will be displayed for all users; however, let's say you want to add a button called "Admin Settings" which should be available only for end-users with administrator access, you can do that by setting a visibility condition.
You can define who should see a button by clicking on the little eye icon and adding a new visibility condition using user Tags. Read more about configuring Tags for end-users