The widget header enables you to add customized buttons in the header of your widget in order to improve the flow of your dashboard.
The widget header is enabled for all widgets. You can configure it by selecting the Header tab in your widget configuration, like so:
You can customize the icon, color, text and action of the button.
You can only add a maximum of 3 (three) buttons for each widget.
- Icon: This is an optional icon that will be displayed in the left side of your button's text. When there isn't enough room in the button to display the text and the icon, only the icon will be displayed.
- Button text: This is where you set the text of the button, there is no character limit, but the longer the text the more space it will occupy in your header. It's usually a good idea to keep this short so the user can have space to check out the name of the widget.
- Color: This is the button's background color. The color of the text will be adjusted automatically to get the best contrast possible.
- When clicked: This is what the button will do once it is clicked. You can select one of 3 (three) options:
- Run Analysis: Once the button is clicked, it will run an analysis of your choice. You can customize the scope of your analysis by clicking the button, located right after the Analysis selection.
- Open widget: Once the button is clicked, it will open a widget of your choice. The desired widget will appear in a modal above all other widgets.
- IFrame / Embed: Once the button is clicked, it will open a page of your choice. The only restriction in this choice is that the page must use the https:// protocol.
If you use the option Open Widget in your buttons, it's a good choice to hide the widget that will be open in a Hidden tab.
This way, the widget will be hidden when the user is viewing your other widgets, but if the user presses the header button the desired widget will appear in the center of the screen.