You need to setup Permissions in order to define what type of resources your Targets will be allowed/denied to access.
Currently, only the resource Dashboard, Device and Run User are available.
You can add more resources as wished.
An operation OR is applied. Therefore, as you add more permissions, more resources will be included for verification.
If you use one permission with Deny, it will override any options using an Allow that contains the same condition.
Type of Fields
Target matching is performed on one of these ways:
- ID = select a specific dashboard from your account (Only the dashboards that you own are listed)
- Tag = the permission is based on the tags from the users (you can edit these tags in the USER section)
- Tags are composed by two fields: 'Tag key' and 'Tag value'
- You can manually edit the tags for each dashboard, or run scripts for that.
- For example, Joe Doe contains the 'Tag key = user_level', and 'Tag value = supervisor'. If you create a policy with a Target using the same tag, the permission will be granted for Joe.
- Tag Match= the match is automatically by searching for those tags presented in the Dashboard and USERS. The Tag Match option reduces the number of policies as you can create a single Policy that would grant access to all users that match the same tags of the dashboards.
- ANY = make all your dashboards to the selected Targets. Dashboards shared by others with you will not be included.